Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Days 7, 8, and 9 (Morning)

Hello everyone!

Yes, I have been terrible at keeping up with blogging, and I'm sorry. I don't have any excuse besides that I was tired all the time, seeing as we were walking at least eight miles a day. But day seven, we went to 221B Baker St. It was fantastic. Now, if somehow you do not know the significance of 221B Baker St., it is the home of Sherlock Holmes. I recently ordered the books online, but I have been hooked on the TV show, Sherlock. All three seasons are on Netflix, so go watch them! Anyway, we went to his house, which was built in the 19th century, and turned into a museum after Sir Arthur Conan Doyle completed the series. Oh my goodness, it was fantastic! There were old pictures that had been there since the 1800's, Sherlock's pipe and hat, whips, tools of all kinds, guns, pictures/drawings of the characters, Watson, Sherlock, and Ms. Hudson's room, and so much more! It was overwhelming. Then we went to the National Portrait Museum, which would have been fascinating if I was more interested in museums. I loved the portraits of the queens, though. Their clothes and their faces, and how poised they were, it was beautiful. 

The next day wasn't eventful, it really involved making sure everything was packed, and getting to the airport. The plane was great, we flew business class because my mom feels a lot of physical pain when traveling overseas in an upright position. We arrived in Florida around six, met up with some of my mom's coworkers for dinner, then hung out until we went to sleep. 

Right now, we are waiting for the class that my mom is teaching. Details later. That's all for the last couple days! 

See ya!
Aviva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment