Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 2 (Afternoon)

Hello everyone!

We touched down safely last night around 9:45 Eastern time in New Jersey and checked into our hotel. We were famished so we ordered room service. They have this delicious chocolate cake. It's flour-less, so it's very rich, but they drizzle it in raspberry sauce and whipped cream. It's to die for! I would have blogged last night, but I didn't have time to. Besides, details about a 5 hour flight aren't very exciting, right?

Today, we woke up around 11:30 (so long as I'm in New Jersey, I'll be telling time in Eastern time). We missed the breakfast menu, so we went to the hotel restaurant for lunch. Since my mom and I are from California, we have a very picky sense of taste, but the food was very well-made. So far, the best part of my day was watching Adventure Time while my mom exercised. It's been a while since I watched that show.

Right now, I'm sitting in Starbucks at the Short Hills mall. If you're from the Bay Area you'll know what I mean when I say that this mall is a mixture between Bay Street and Westfield. If you aren't familiar with these two shopping centers, come to the Bay Area, you will not be sorry. We were supposed to spend the day with a friend of ours, but it's raining where she lives-about two hours away-so it's too dangerous to drive. It seems like it will be a pretty relaxing day. We may drive into New York later today, we'll see. So far, that's all that's been going on, sorry to disappoint if any of you were expecting a huge adventure. We'll be participating in more exciting activities tomorrow.

See ya!
Aviva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment