Thursday, June 12, 2014

Days 4 and 5 (Evening)

Hello everyone!

I'M IN LONDON! I am extremely excited, as this is my first time in Europe, but before I begin on London details, time to recap yesterday's events. We found out that our plane left at 10 PM instead of 7 PM, so we felt a little more relaxed. We had wanted to eat breakfast at IHOP, but we didn't have enough time because we would be taking the train into New York City about an hour later. By the time we boarded the train, it was 11-ish, so all the commuters were already at work and the train was pretty calm. However, once we stepped off the train into NYC, one might say it was the opposite of calm. Streets were busy and noisy, and there was hardly any standing room. We took a cab to New York City College to visit my Uncle George who works there and to have lunch together. After lunch, we when to the Schomberg Museum and visited my Aunt Karen at the Bloomberg News Station. At first, New York City was exciting because I had never been in the heart of New York before, but soon it became overwhelming, what with all the people and the plethora of smells and sounds, so we left and took a subway and two trains back to Summit, New Jersey, where we climbed into our car and began our adventure to the airport (where we didn't receive our food in our restaurant for 45-50 minutes).

Our plane was fantastic. We had beds and meals and a TV, I loved it! I slept for the entire ride, though, to adjust a bit to the time change of eight hours. When we landed, we took a cab to our hotel which we weren't allowed to check into for another couple hours. I knew that my friend, Lila, was in London, so we met up at the London Eye, took a ride, rode a carousel, walked around London, and ate together, before parting our separate ways. My mom and I wandered around London for a bit before returning to our hotel, where I am blogging right now. We walked around the London Eye, Trafalgar Square (where people were holding a huge Brazil day for World Cup), and Covent Garden (where we ate dinner). It is so beautiful here and I can't wait to go to Paris tomorrow!

More tomorrow!

See ya!
Aviva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment